Þessi rebbi segir hæ!
In 2013 I:
- traveled to and around East Europe over the summer with my bf. We started with Berlin and Italy and then went east to Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- got to see Beyoncé live in Berlin!
- saw my boyfriend graduate with his Bachelor in Literature and Gender studies
- went to Eistnaflug 2013
- swam in the freezing ocean around Iceland for the first time
- went to Vestmannaeyjar for the first time in over a decade
- got the highest grade I have ever gotten since I started University!
- And finally I went to see so many great symphony concerts at Harpa, performances by the Icelandic dance company plus I saw my first ballet performance (The Swan lake performed by the Russian ballet). I also went to see many plays including: Með fulla vasa af grjóti, Karma fyrir fugla, Karíus og Baktus, Mary Poppins, Englar Alheimsins, Rautt, Alladín, Maður að mínu skapi, Hús Bernördu Alba and Pollock?. My favorites for the year were definitely Karma fyrir fugla, Pollock? and the dance performance by the Icelandic dance company Ótti which I saw 4 times in total!
In 2014 I plan/hope to:
- go to New York City with Ívar (my bf) to see my friends and brother for the first time in 2 years and celebrate my birthday!
- write my BA thesis and then graduate with Bachelor in Law
- get a job over the summer that’s related to what I’m studying
- use the summer weekends to travel around Iceland
- go to Eistnaflug 2014
- start my Master in Law
- owe nothing but my student loans by the end of the year and have more saved up for our little home in Vesturbær Reykjavík
- continue on my path to a healthier and happier self by running more, getting stronger and trying out a new sport.
Jólafrí = letilíf